This policy explains how your personal data will be treated when you access The Window Glass Company (Bristol) Ltd (we/us/our) website. As we make changes to our website, we may need to update this policy. If we make any important changes that affect your rights and interests, we will make sure we bring this to your attention and explain what this means for you.
We are registered as a controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under number ZA451767.
If you have any questions in relation to this policy or wish to exercise any of your rights under data protection law (see below), you should email us at email@example.com.
What personal data do we collect?
We do not collect any personal data without your knowledge when you visit our site. Our website uses Google Analytics to identify unique visits to our website so that we can monitor where traffic to our website comes from, whether users visit our site more than once, which pages they visit, how long they spend on each page and which country or territory they are located in. None of the cookies used by Google Analytics are used by us or Google to identify you.
If you wish to use our call back service we will collect certain personal data such as your name and telephone number.
We will collect further information if you contact us with comments or specific requests and if you place any orders with us.
How do we use your personal data?
We will use any contact details provided by you to get in touch with you and deal with your enquiry. When you provide your contact details for such purposes, this will be treated as your consent to us contacting you for such purposes.
You may, at the time of making an enquiry, opt-in to receiving marketing emails from us about our products and services, which will be treated as your consent for such purposes.
Data obtained through Google Analytics, which does not identify you, will be used to help us understand more about how our website is used and to improve our site.
Who will we share your personal data with?
Unless we sell or merge our business, where any personal data relating to our current or prospective customers will be one of our business assets, we will not supply your name and address to any third party without your consent or except where required to do so by law.
Where are your personal data stored?
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
Google Analytics is hosted on servers that are based outside the EEA; however we have configured this so that all IP addresses are anonymised as soon as data is received by Google’s collection network and before any storage or processing takes place.
How do we keep your personal data secure?
We regularly review our security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorised access to personal data, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the ICO or any other relevant regulator where we are legally required to do so.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary in connection with the purposes we collected it for and to comply with any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine how long we keep your personal data for, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which it was collected and the potential risk of harm from us continuing to keep it.
If you have purchased any of our products or services, we will retain details of your order for a period of six years from the date of your order for tax purposes.
We will retain personal data relating to email marketing until you unsubscribe or your email address has become permanently unavailable.
Although anonymised, we will retain analytical data collected about your use of our website for a period of 14 months.
We may retain any data that does not identify you indefinitely.
What cookies does our website use?
You can read more information cookies and how they work at All About Cookies.org and information about how online advertising works at Your Online Choices (these are third party websites that do not control).
The cookies used by our website fall into the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are required for the effective and secure use of our website to include enabling you to send messages to us securely, log into secure areas of our website and to make payments securely:
- Analytical cookies: these are used to recognise when you visit our website and how you interact with it so that we can improve the way our website works
We are required to obtain your consent to all cookies except those that are strictly necessary. You will be asked to confirm your consent when you first visit our website. Alternatively, you can clear cookies after you visit our website, use a tracking blocker such as Privacy Badger or, for the analytical cookies stored by Google, install the Google Analytics opt-out extension.
The specific cookies used by our website are as follows:
Used to remember whether the agreed to cookies being stored on your device.
Google Analytics (_ga)
2 years (_ga); 1 minute (_gat); 24 hours (_gid)
Used by Google Analytics to identify and remember visitors to our website for performance improvement purposes. For further information, see Google’s guidance on cookie usage
What are your rights in relation to your personal data?
You have a number of rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you. Some of these rights depend on certain conditions being met and you can read more about this on the ICO’s website.
The rights that you have are:
- Access: You have the right to request access to and be provided with a copy of the personal data held about you together with certain information about the processing of such personal data to check that are holding it lawfully
- Correction: You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held about you
- Deletion: You have the right to ask us to delete or remove any personal data held about you where there is no good reason for us to continue holding it or where you have exercised your right to object
- Restriction: You have the right to ask us to restrict how we hold your personal data, for example, to confirm its accuracy or our reasons for holding it
- Objection: You have the right to object to our holding of any personal data about you and to object to our holding your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- Portability: You have the right to receive or request that we transfer a copy of the personal data we hold about you in an electronic format
- Complaints: You have the right to complain to the (ICO) or any other EU supervisory authority in relation to how we collect and use your personal data
You will not have to pay any fee to exercise any of the above rights though we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request if any request is clearly unfounded or excessive. Where this is the case, we will let you know.
To protect the confidentiality of your personal data we will ask you to verify your identity before fulfilling any request in relation to your personal data